Pneumonia or Nimonia is an infection in one or both lungs caused by a variety of organisms such as bacteria, viruses, or fungi. It has been proven to inflame the air sacs in the lungs. The air sacs may fill with pus that leads to cough phlegm, chills, fever, and breathing difficulty. Pneumonia is contagious and can spread from person to person via inhalation of airborne droplets from a cough or sneeze.
Symptoms of Pneumonia
- Fatigue and shortness of breath
- Cough, which may produce phlegm
- Chest pain when you breathe or cough
- Sweating, fever, and shaking chills
- Confusion or changes in mental awareness
- Nausea, diarrhea, or vomiting
- Lower than normal body temperature
Precautions for Pneumonia
Precations of pneumonia include washing your hands regularly – especially after you go to the bathroom and before you eat. Follow the below precautionary measures:
- Do exercise daily
- Get enough sleep
- Quit smoking
- Wash your hands regularly
- Eat right, with plenty of vegetables and fruits
- If possible, keep your distance from sick people
Treatment of Pneumonia
The primary treatment is antibiotics, cough medicines, and fever or pain reliever. Health experts can suggest painkillers like Paracetamol. Antibiotics are also used to treat bacterial infections and cough medicines are taken to calm your cough so that you can rest.
Health Insurance for Pneumonia
Many insurance companies in India are providing health insurance to cover any medical costs incurred due to hospitalization owing to the patient. The policy provides coverage, including pre and post-hospitalization, in-patient treatment, nursing charges, doctor’s fees, ambulance charges, medicine costs, ICU charges, and more.