In this day and age when a deadly virus like coronavirus has adversely affected our health, having a health insurance plan is the necessity of the day. Health insurance not just protects you, but also your family. Irrespective of the fact whether it is an emergency case or not, adequate health insurance offers the best medical treatment to you without letting you worry about the medical treatment costs. Multiple covers are offered by a health insurance product.
Find the 5 Best Health Insurance Plans to be Bought In 2021
In India, there are many standalone health insurance companies and general insurance companies that offer health insurance policies with different features. However, it is crucial to choose one that best suits your needs. For example, if you belong to a family of a critical illness like cancer, kidney failure, etc. then you should choose a critical illness policy. If you want to buy a policy for your parents who are 60+ years old, then a senior citizen health insurance policy is the right option. Similarly, if you are unmarried with no dependent person, then choosing individual health insurance is ideal. In the case of having a family, purchasing a family floater plan is the right decision.
To help you narrow down your search, below popular health insurance plans you can buy in 2021.
|Health Insurance Plan
|Claim Settlement Ratio
|IFFCO Tokio Health Protector Plus Plan
|IFFCO Tokio General Insurance
|Bajaj Allianz Health Insurance Policy
|Bajaj Allianz General Insurance
|Manipal Cigna Health Insurance Plan
|Manipal Cigna Health Insurance
|Edelweiss Health Insurance Plan
|Edelweiss General Insurance
|Aditya Birla Health Insurance Plan
|Aditya Birla Health Insurance
*The CSR or claim settlement ratios in the above table are for the financial year of 2020.
IFFCO Tokio Health Protector Plus Plan
This is a comprehensive health insurance policy designed to provide coverage for multiple diseases and health issues. It covers critical illness that is already specified in the policy brochure and vector-borne diseases. IFFCO Tokio Health Protector Plus Plan not only covers you but also your family members. The plan comes with eight insured options and you are allowed to choose top-up this plan.
What it covers
- Hospital room rent (Boarding and Nursing expense, etc.).
- Fees of Medical Practitioner/ Anesthetist, and Consultant.
- Expenses incurred during pre and post-hospitalization.
- Ambulance Charges- ₹3000/- per claim or as incurred, whichever is less.
- Daily Cash Allowance amount equivalent to 0.10% of the Sum Insured for miscellaneous expenses during hospitalization.
- Insurance cover options – Family Floater or Individual Sum Insured.
- Lifelong renewal (if renewed without break).
- Emergency assistance services.
Bajaj Allianz Health Insurance Policy
Bajaj Allianz Health Insurance Policy provides you with adequate healthcare facilities, anywhere and at any time. Like other insurance companies in India, Bajaj Allianz General Insurance also maintains thousands of network hospitals in the country so it makes cashless treatment extremely accessible. This policy also comes with a fast and efficient response time of only 60 minutes.
What it covers
- Pre and Post Hospitalisation covered
- Most Health Insurance Plans have a provision for an annual or bi-annual Preventative Medical Check-up
- Convalescence Benefit
- Almost all Health Insurance Policies offer coverage
- Cover for medical and surgical expenses
Manipal Cigna Health Insurance Plan
This plan by Manipal Cigna is a robust health insurance policy that allows you to avail the best benefits. The policy covers many contingencies which makes it a top choice among many. It is quick in its efficient service and has multiple benefits. The company is known for settling 97% of cashless approvals within only two hours. This makes the insurer one of the top choices for illnesses that require emergency care.
What it covers
- Guaranteed cumulative bonus up to 200% of SI
- in-patient hospitalisation, daycare procedures
- Cover for organ donor treatments, domiciliary treatments
- Ambulance services coverage, etc.
- The plan also covers the insured for emergency worldwide coverage
Edelweiss Health Insurance Plan
The Edelweiss Health Insurance Plan has three variants. These variants are gold, silver and platinum depending on the Sum Assured under them. It offers multiple benefits such as ICU cover, organ transplant cover, and more. The next part is that the policy also offers AYUSH treatments coverage. Nevertheless, it still has affordable premium rates.
What it covers
- Pre-hospitalisation. 30 days for Silver, 60 days for Gold and 90 days for Platinum before hospitalisation
- Post-hospitalisation. 60 days for Silver, 90 days for Gold and 180 days for Platinum after discharge
- Inpatient hospitalisation coverage, such as medicines, room, doctor’s fee, ICU, nursing, etc. up to the sum insured
- Expenses related daycare procedure through cashless or reimbursement
- Expenses incurred on organ donor up to a specified amount
- Charges of the emergency ambulance for transportation of the patient
Aditya Birla Health Insurance Plan
Aditya Birla Health Insurance Plan is one of the fastest-growing health insurance companies in India. It has over 8200 network hospitals. No matter where you are staying in the country, you can easily access one of these hospitals. The insurance company comes with a high claim settlement ratio which means it is a reliable health insurance plan.
What it covers
- Post-hospitalisation coverage for 180 days after hospitalisation
- Pre-hospitalisation costs coverage 60 days before hospitalisation
- Coverage of expenses incurred on transportation to a network hospital as per actuals
- Coverage for in-patient hospitalisation with no limitations of diseases covered or room rent
- Cover for organ harvesting expenses caused to the donor
Having a health plan is always important. Since the outbreak of the coronavirus pandemic, it has become even more crucial. With such complexes and diseases threatening that come unannounced, it is best to prepare before. A comprehensive health insurance product not only safeguards you but also your family. So, it is good to invest in a health plan.