Getting covered for coronavirus and vector-borne diseases are important. When it comes to the COVID-19 pandemic, a country like India is one of the worst-affected nations. Similarly, vector-borne diseases are accountable for 17% of all infectious diseases that lead to approximately 700,000 deaths every year globally. Also, India has witnessed several cases of malaria because of its large population and climatic conditions. 429,928 cases of malaria and 96 malaria deaths were reported alone in 2018.
COVID-19 and Vector-Borne Diseases Covered By GoDigit’s Health Insurance Plan
GoDigital is one of the best general insurance companies in India that offers health insurance policies. Key highlights of GoDigit insurance plan are that it covers both coronavirus and vector-borne diseases.
Individual cover: the policy offers individual cover to each family member because every member in your family needs adequate protection. So, buy a plan from this insurer for each individual member of your family.
No room rent capping: The good thing about Digit insurance is that it has no room rent capping. You will have no limit on room rent or ICU room rent either. This allows you to choose a room in the hospital of your choice without having to worry about its daily charges.
Customizable sum insured: Every individual has different requirements. This is why an insurance company like GoDigit offers you the facility to select your sum insured based on your personal requirements. The insurer can customize the sum insured based on your needs.
Minimum waiting period: The insurance plan comes with a minimum waiting period of 15 days. The waiting period starts from the start of the insurance plan.
Simple and digital-friendly: Like other insurers, GoDigit also makes sure customers have a simple and hassle-free experience right from buying a policy to raising claims.
It is the Regulator, IRDAI that can fill the cover under their Sandbox Regulations. Common coverage includes hospitalization for coronavirus disease, Malaria, Dengue, Filariasis (Payable only once in a Lifetime), Chikungunya, Kala Azar, Zika Virus and Japanese Encephalitis.
Moreover, the policy covers pre-hospitalization expenses, up to 30 days. Post hospitalization expenses, up to 60 days, second medical opinion, road ambulance charges (1% of your chosen sum insured, up to Rs 5,000).
Vector-Borne diseases Covered under GoDigit Policy Cover?
A Vector-Borne Disease is the result of an infection that is transmitted to humans and other animals through blood-feeding anthropods. These can be anthropods ticks, mosquitoes, and fleas. GoDigit offers cover for the following vector-borne diseases.
- Dengue – Virus spread through Aedes mosquito bite causes dengue fever. Symptoms of dengue are vomiting, severe headache, skin rash and life-threatening internal bleeding.
- Malaria – Protozoan – Plasmodium through female anopheles mosquito is the main cause of malaria. Common symptoms of malaria include weakness, fever, headache, jaundice.
- Zika Virus – Mosquito bite is the cause of this disease. Common symptoms are muscle pain, joint pain, fever, rash. Zika Virus is dangerous for pregnant women as these women can transmit the virus to the unborn baby. This may lead to microcephaly.
- Kala Azar – Kala Azar is caused by a parasite called Leishmania Donovani. It is a chronic and potentially fatal parasitic disease of internal organs, particularly the liver, spleen, lymph nodes and bone marrow.
- Filariasis – Filariasis is another vector-borne disease covered by GoDigit health insurance. The disease is caused when the microfilaria parasite blocks the lymphatic system leading to permanent changes in the limbs.
- Chikungunya –Chikungunya is caused by a virus through Aedes mosquitoes. Its symptoms include weakness, fever and severe joint pains.
- Japanese Encephalitis –Japanese Encephalitis causes inflammation of the brain due to the virus. It results in disorientation, vomiting, fever, convulsions and death.
Things to Know About This Policy
Coronavirus as well as vector-borne diseases are deadly diseases. Getting diagnosed with them may lead to patient death. Depending on the condition, hospitalization is required which may burn a hole in your pocket. Health insurance offered by GoDigit provides a cushion that reimburses you for the expenses incurred due to hospitalization for any of COVID-19 or vector born diseases.
Insurance Claims for COVID-19
- The policy provides coverage of hospitalization costs for being quarantined in military, government, or government-approved hospital.
- Cover for inpatient treatment and hospitalization due to COVID-19 during the policy period is available.
Please note that hospitalization for coronavirus pandemic is applicable in all hospitals in India. However, the claim is approved only after the insured person is tested positive for COVID-19 and the test is done at any ICMR authorized test centres in India.
Insurance Claims for Vector-Borne Diseases
The insurance cover under its policy covers you for hospitalization expenses if you are diagnosed with and hospitalized solely for coronavirus, Malaria, Dengue, Filariasis (payable only once in a Lifetime), Kala Azar, Japanese Encephalitis, Chikungunya, and Zika Virus.
Bottom line is the health insurance of GoDigit is worth buying. However, you can compare many other health insurance plans of different insurance providers online. Almost every insurer in India is providing health insurance for COVID-19 and vector-borne disease.