Once in a while, you plan a trip to exotic places, and locations and get involved in several adventurous activities. To make your journey full of fun and excitement, you tend to book your hotels, flights and sightseeing packages instantly to avoid price hikes. The only thing that you may avoid is buying a travel insurance plan for your next holiday. Despite the multiple benefits of a travel insurance policy, we underestimate its importance.
In reality, travel insurance plays a very significant tool in protecting us from unforeseen circumstances abroad. In fact, a good travel insurance plan covers you against a variety of risks related to travel. It covers you against medical treatment that may arise as a result of unexpected complications during travel. Having travel Insurance is greatly beneficial for a traveler.
Trip Related Coverage:
Trip-related coverage includes flight delays, hijack distress allowance, hotel accommodation, loss of baggage & personal documents, etc.
- Flight Delays: Flight delay is distressing. It may cause a decline in efficiency and an increase in capital costs. An insurance company understands it and pays for the meals that the insured person tends to buy during the waiting period. Depending on which insurance company you have chosen, the insurance provider will also pay for the alternative flight tickets. The insurer will also reimburse some unexpected additional expenses under its flight delay coverage.
- Hijack Distress Allowance: In the event that your plane is attacked or hijacked by terrorists, the insurance company will compensate for the distress caused to you at the time of the hijack.
- Hotel Accommodation: Best travel insurance offers coverage for expenses incurred on an urgent stay in a hotel. In sickness, the insurer will take care of your extended hotel stay in a foreign land.
- Loss of Baggage & Personal Documents: Travel insurance comes up with a comprehensive plan to tackle the issue of baggage or document loss. The insurer will help you in getting one.
- Delay of checked-in baggage: In the situation of delay in checked-in baggage, you don’t need to spoil the fun by waiting for long at the baggage collection point. If your luggage gets detailed, the insurer will provide you with the lump sum amount for the essentials like medicines and toiletries while things get sorted.
- Passport Loss: If you lose your passport in a foreign country, it takes a tool and certain costs and procedures in getting it back or having a new one issued in a different country. In many cases, a temporary pass is issued. Depending on your travel insurance policy, you will get compensation for the costs incurred in the procedure of temporary pass issuance. So, you will not have to worry about the finances that are associated with the loss of your passport.
Medical Related Coverage
- Emergency Medical Expenses: While traveling, you will never want sudden medical expenses to make a hole in your budget. If you have travel insurance, your entire expenses incurred on treatment if you fall sick and need medical attention will be covered under the plan. You will also get cashless hospitalization in-network hospital during your trip.
- Emergency Dental Expenses: Dental treatment expenses do not sound vital, but it is. In a foreign land, even minor dental surgery can take a toll on your budget. With that in mind, travel insurance companies offer policies that cover dental expenses with ease of mind.
- Medical Evacuation: This feature of travel insurance allows you to have immediate medical assistance and gets you out of distressing situations. It is a perfect plan to serve you even if you are trapped at a hilltop.
- Hospital cash allowance: If the insured person is hospitalized for more than 48* hours, then the insurance provider accepts liability under the medical expenses cover and offers you cash to ease your petty expenses at foreign destinations.
- Accidental Death or Disability: Travel insurance plans also offer a lump sum amount to the family if the insured person dies or faces permanent disability due to an unfortunate accident.
The above-mentioned features are some of the key benefits of buying TRAVEL INSURANCE PLANS from insurance companies. Before buying any plan, make sure to compare different travel insurance policies of different insurance companies in order to pick the most suitable one.