The Coronavirus Omicron variant has become a stark reality in this era. The infection rates are high and the mortality rates are significant. With millions of lives lost across the globe, people are now understanding the importance of protecting the wellbeing of their loved ones against uncertainties. Term insurance is your family’s best protection against the COVID-19 pandemic. It covers death due to coronavirus.
Find below the best term plans with Covid treatment in India for 2022.
ICICI Pru iProtect Smart
Designed by ICICI Prudential, ICICI Pru iProtect Smart is one of the best term plans to provide an additional financial cover against death due to COVID-19. If an individual who has purchased a term policy loses life due to the coronavirus pandemic, his/her nominee will be eligible to receive the sum assured. In general term insurance only provides death benefits due to disease or illness if the insured succumbs to critical illnesses, such as stroke, cancer, heart disease, and others.
ICICI Pru iProtect Smart is a comprehensive plan that financially secures your loved ones in your absence. Besides Covid-19, the plan covers accidental death as well. Key specifications of the policy include:
- Guaranteed 1-day claim settlement and tax Savings
- Critical Illness Benefit and Accidental Death Benefit
- Premium Guarantee and Longer life cover
- Terminal Illness Benefit
- Flexible payout options (lump sum, monthly income and increasing income)
- Special discount on premiums for female lives
- Coverage against death, illness, and disability
- Option to increase the sum assured in case of marriage or birth/legal adoption of 1st and 2nd child
Tata AIA term plan
Tata AIA is another best-term plan to safeguard your family’s future against unforeseen circumstances like the COVID-19 pandemic. This policy features to safeguard you up to the age of 100 and cover all coronavirus-related claims, including diagnosis, hospitalization and death. Don’t forget that the Tata AIA term plan offers flexibility to choose your sum assured and premium payment terms. If you choose a high sum assured, you will also be offered discounts on premium costs.
Since this term insurance online offers payouts, you are free to take a lump sum or monthly income payout according to the needs of your family. Your family can use the sum assured from the plan to cover expenses such as marriage or education of your children, loan repayment, etc. Key features of the plan include:
- Flexible-Premium Payment Mode -Annually, half-yearly, quarterly and monthly
- Option to enhance protection through a rider
- Discount for females and reduced premiums for non-smokers
- Pure Protection Cover – the simplest form of life insurance cover
- The entry age varies between 18 years and 70 years.
- The maximum tenure is 40 years
- The minimum sum assured is Rs. 50 lakhs
HDFC Term Insurance Policy
Despite the fact that HDFC Life Insurance has no separate term insurance policy specifically, HDFC Term Insurance Policy covers the death claim filed due to COVID-19. So, don’t be confused to buy term insurance online during this pandemic. If you have dependents for your care or if you are the only earner, term insurance is more important to offer financial backup for your family in the long run.
- Financial protection to you and your family at affordable monthly premiums
- Option to tailor this plan according to requirements with 9 different plan options
- Low premium rate benefits for female lives and non-smokers
- Facility to update life cover according to life stage requirements
- Tax benefits as per the income tax laws
- Restoration benefits if some assured gets exhausted
- Lifelong renewal benefits if there is no break in the policy
Some Other Term Life Insurance Plans Offered by the Government That Covers Covid-19 Treatment
The Government of India has taken several steps for the financial security of the people and their dependents. Some of the plans that are also known as government-sponsored social security schemes are the following.
Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana – PMSBY is a standard term insurance plan you can buy online.
- This plan offers Rs. 2 lakhs for full disability or accidental death
- In case of partial disability, the coverage amount is Rs. 1 lakh
- The policy is available at Rs. 18 per year
- Individuals between 18 and 70 can buy this policy
Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana – Another standard life insurance plan offered by the government of India. PMJJBY has the following features and benefits.
- It offers Rs. 2 lakhs as cover to the deceased person and family
- It comes at the premium cost of Rs. 330 per year
- People between the age group of 18 to 50 years can buy this policy
Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana: Though PMJDY is a savings bank account scheme, it is designed to provide risk cover to the account holders. The account offers a life cover of Rs. Thirty thousand on the death of the life assured and a build-in accident insurance cover of Rs. 1 lakh.
Always buy the best term plan online to secure the future of your family. Comprehensive term insurance is designed to cover wider cover with additional benefits such as Covid-treatment and lets your family members manage their finances not only after your demise but also if you are unable to earn due to coronavirus, disability or critical illness.