Knee replacement surgery is one of the most expensive operations. The costs are determined by your overall health and the city where you undergo the surgery. The expenses are also based on other pre-existing health conditions that affect your knee. The costs can be around 5-8 lakh or more.
Thanks to health insurance companies that cover Knee Replacement Surgeries. The treatment is covered under a comprehensive health insurance plan. So, your health insurance can act as a shield and assist you in handling the financial crunch.
Health Insurance for Knee Replacement Surgeries
A health insurance policy provides coverage for knee replacement surgery with a sum insured. But You should know about some important facts like the waiting period dependent on policy to policy. Some benefits of a comprehensive health insurance plan include the following:
- Cashless Treatment: You will get cashless treatment meaning the entire bills will be paid directly by your insurance provider. You simply get treatment at a network hospital as mentioned in your insurance.
- Cover for Treatment: A good health insurance plan covers pre-hospitalization and post-hospitalization costs, room charges, surgeon’s expenses, medical checkups, x-ray, CT scans, MRI costs, medicines, and ambulance charges. In-patient hospitalization expenses are also covered.
Ample health insurance plans cover orthopedic surgery. However, some procedures may be covered post a waiting period depending on the plan you have chosen. You should consider these additional costs that may be covered by your health insurance company.
- Transportation costs
- Future follow-up appointments
- Additional checkups & tests
- Physiotherapy therapy at the hospital
- Additional therapy while recovering at your home
To sum up, health insurance options are the most feasible way to settle expensive hospital costs incurred on knee replacement surgery. It is advisable to find a health insurance company and choose a plan that covers the surgery. Please note to pick a plan with a minimum of 8 to 10 lakh of the sum insured to cover the entire medical expenses.