Having a family and being responsible for their well-being can be challenging. If you worry about your family’s health and safety, a family floater health insurance plan is a great way to overcome your predicaments. This plan comes to your rescue and ensures that your family is taken care of financially in case of any medical emergencies.
In this guide, Cover360 will explain the family floater health insurance plan, various benefits of having a family floater health policy, and India’s best insurers providing this plan.
What is Family Floater Health Insurance Plan?
A family floater, a health insurance plan is a comprehensive health insurance policy that covers you and your immediate family members, usually up to 4 members, against any medical emergency. This includes cover for hospitalization expenses, pre and post-hospitalization expenses, daycare procedures, ambulance charges, etc.
Family Floater Health Insurance Benefits
Family Floater Health Insurance Benefits are as follows:
Critical Illness Cover
A family floater health insurance plan offers a critical illness cover that takes care of the medical expenses in case any member of your family is diagnosed with a critical illness. This includes cancer, heart attack, stroke, etc.
Online Buying and Renewal
With the advancement of technology, you can now easily buy and renew your family floater health insurance policy online. This is a convenient and hassle-free way to keep your family protected.
Covers Cost of Treatment
A family floater health insurance plan offers coverage for the cost of treatment in case of an emergency. This includes hospitalization expenses, pre and post-hospitalization expenses, ambulance charges, etc.
Affordable and Flexible
A family floater health insurance plan is quite affordable and flexible. You can choose a plan that suits your budget and needs.
COVID-19 coverage has been extended to include doctor’s bills and PPE kits. IRDA has ordered all private and public general insurers to provide Corona Rakshak and Corona Kavach Plans at a reduced rate.
Customize Health Policy
You can now customize your health insurance policy to include additional covers such as outpatient treatment, maternity expenses, etc.
Income Tax Benefit:
Under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act, 1961, you can avail of a tax deduction for premiums paid towards a family floater health insurance policy.
Is there any Waiting Period in a Family Health Insurance?
The waiting period is 30 days, but it may differ by an insurer and can last up to 90 days from the date of policy issue. Any medical expenses incurred as a result of an accident will be reimbursed right away. Always read the policy documents carefully to know the inclusions and exclusions.
Best Family Floater Health Insurance Plans in India 2022
- Aditya Birla Activ Health Platinum Plan
- Bajaj Allianz Family Floater Health-Guard
- Bharti AXA Smart Super Health Insurance Policy
- Care Health Insurance Plan
- Chola MS Family Healthline Insurance
- Edelweiss Family Floater Health Insurance Plan
- Future Generali Health SurakshaFamily Plan
- Iffco Tokio Family Health Protector Plan
- Kotak Family Health Insurance Plan
- Liberty Secure Health Connect Plan
- Niva Bupa Companion Family Health Insurance Plan
- Manipal Cigna Family Floater – ProHealth Protect Plan
- National Parivar Mediclaim Policy
- New India Assurance Mediclaim Policy
- Oriental Happy Family Floater Policy
- Royal Sundaram Lifeline Health Insurance Plan
- Reliance Health Gain Health Insurance Plan
- Star Family Health Optima Insurance Plan
- SBI Arogya Premier Policy
- TATA AIG Medicare Health Insurance Plan
- United India Family Medicare Policy
Family Floater Health Insurance Benefits are plenty in India. One should always compare and buy a plan that provides sufficient coverage. A good health insurance plan will help reduce the financial burden in times of medical emergencies. Cover360 will help you every step of the way to find the best health insurance for your family. Contact us today for a free consultation.